17 Questions | Samantha Jacobs
1. Name: Hi my name is Sam (Samantha Jacobs)! I have three Great Danes whose names are Maia (7), Atasi (5), and Nala (10 months)! We are a nickname household when it comes to our pups. Maia, her nickname “moo” cause she looks like a cow, Maia moocow. Atasi is sissy or the sister because she was the second one we got so that’s what she was and sissy kind of sounds like her name (odyssey). Nala doesn’t really have a nickname but I call her the little one because she’s the baby and currently the smallest one.
2. Occupation: High school Biology teacher and cheerleading coach 📣
3. Location: Hampton, Virginia
4. If you could ask your dogs one question, what would it be? What do you think of me? I know what I can see and what they make me feel based on their actions, but sometimes it would be nice to hear what they truly think.
5. What’s your favorite pic/video you’ve ever posted and why?
6. What’s something your dog is afraid of?
🐶 Maia is terrified of the hair dryer. I can’t even open the drawer it is in without her coming down the hallway and giving me the side eye like “you aren’t about to pull that thing out right?”
🐶 Atasi hates the vacuum! The biggest dog in the house who could literally step on it and potentially break it, runs and hides when it is time to vacuum.
🐶 Nala is not very fearful of much. She’s our wild one. So if something comes at her she comes right back at it! Haha!
7. What’s the coolest trick your dog knows? “Lick your lips”. We actually taught both of the older girls this trick, the little one is still learning but she’s getting there. We can say lick your lips after they eat or drink or just because and they know to lick their lips! It has been a life saver especially because big dogs = big drool. But not in this household!
8. Where is your dog's favorite place to travel? To get ice-cream or to grandmas house! 🍦
9. What’s the best thing about being an influencer? Meeting new people who have similar interests or lifestyles as me. It is nice to be able to talk to people who understand my life versus those that just say “I don’t know how you have that big of a dog…and 3 of them!” Or people who think I have horses. No….I have little tiny babies and they are mine and I love them! Haha. Dane moms know this thought!
10. What’s the biggest struggle you’ve had as an influencer? Time management with my busy schedule. I love getting items and love sharing them, but taking pictures is a time commitment for sure. You try getting a 100 pound dog to cooperate with you when you are dangling treats in front of them! That takes hard work and time!
11. What’s the most unexpected thing to happen since you started your account? Honestly, getting to work with Big Barker! They were on my dream list and I NEVER thought it would happen, especially so early in influencing. I have met some amazing people who work for the company and the kind words and time they put into their customers and those that work with them is seriously so amazing, on top of their awesome products my girls love of course! 🖤
12. Who are some of your favorite creators? I love watching The Labrant Fam on YouTube!
13. What’s your dog's favorite activity?
🐾 Maia loves being on the leash to go anywhere. She typically doesn’t go on a leash, but when I decide to put it on her she goes nuts for some reason! I think it’s because she knows she will get alone time away from her sisters.
🐾 Atasi loves to sleep. She’s our calm lazy girl. But she saves up all of that energy so when she’s outside being a little adventurer she can chase animals, flying birds, bunnies, squirrels. She’s our sweet one, but also our little hunting dog.
🐾 Nala lately loves jumping uncontrollably. Since she’s the smallest right now, I think she jumps to be the same height as everyone else so we notice her (girl, we see you lol). She also loves following me around the house. Can I pee in peace please?!
14. What’s your favorite hobby? Favorite hobby with AND without dogs are napping! I also love going to Disney! 🎢
15. How would you define your dogs in three words?
✨ Maia: Sassy. Moody. Demanding.
✨ Atasi: Quiet. Sweet. Kind.
✨ Nala: Wild. Crazy. Clingy.
16. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received?
My mom always said when growing up “it’s not always about what you know it’s about who you know.” I have always tried to make a good impression with everyone I meet, which I think has helped me in navigating this influencing world. I knew (AND STILL DONT KNOW) very little. But I do know that building relationships and staying true to myself will get me authentic connections and build relationships and that could potentially take me further in working with brands.
17. What made you get a Great Dane?
I actually didn’t want a big dog. I had medium sized dogs growing up, shelties, labs. But my husband had Great Danes as a kid, so he always wanted one when we decided we wanted a dog. I said “noooo wayyy that’s a big dog!” And he said he was just going to “look” at one. And sure enough he didn’t just “look”. He brought to my work this little 11 pound puppy who was so sweet and squishy and I said okay we can keep her! Well, needless to say after falling in love with the 11 pound puppy who grew over night, I was the one who decided to get our second one and constantly sent him pictures of other puppies until he surprised me with our third! I probably wouldn’t have anything else but Danes now! They are the best dogs I’ve had and have the most unique personalities! 🥰
Thank you to Sam and pups for taking the time to speak with us! Keep up with her adorable Great Dane pack on Instagram! 📸
You May Also Like: