While most dogs love the bed right away, it's not uncommon for some dogs to take up to a few weeks before getting used to their new bed. Almost all dogs fall in love with the bed, it just takes some dogs longer than others. And if it never happens, it’s ok! You have a full 365 days to try the bed in your home. If for any reason, you or your dog don’t love it, we’ll happily take it back and issue a full 100% refund.
In the meantime, here are a few tips that have worked for other customers to help acclimate their dog to the new bed:
1. If your dog's old bed has a removable cover, take it off and lay it on top of the new bed. This can sometimes make the new bed seem more familiar.
2. Wash the cover first, your dog might not like the unfamiliar smell.
3. Lay on the bed yourself. This might get your dog interested in approaching and possibly stepping onto the bed.
4. Rub your hands all over the cover. It often helps to get your own scent on the bed.
5. Put the bed in the exact spot where he lays while you're home. In my house, it's often right next to the couch. It doesn't need to stay in this spot, but it can often jump start the "trying out the new bed" process.
6. Old fashion bribery. Get your dog to lay down on it, then bribe with a treat. Bribe every few minutes it stays on without getting up.
Most importantly though, just give it time. We have a 1 year trial on our beds, we want you to take as much time as you need. We hope that these tips will help your furry friend fall in love with their Big Barker!
You May Also Like:
What is the Big Barker Bed Made Of?